Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Progress Report, 17 April

Hi supporters! I thought I should let you know that I've received my copy-editing back. Apart from an explosion of red commas waiting to be inserted, there aren't too many glaring errors, and the editor has made many useful suggestions. Basically I'm very pleased. My arms and wrists have been complaining a bit so I'm having to limit myself to five pages a day which has been frustrating but with lots of TLC (targeted exercise, cold packs and anti-inflammatory cream) it's getting better.

With the wonderfully steady way you have been supporting me, I'm trusting that the target amount of NZ$2000 will soon be reached, and so will send off the second half of Blue Creek Bride for copy-editing next week. After that, only the book design will remain!

Chris White, a friend of mine and Phil's, is continuing to work on the photos, ensuring they make a quality transition from colour to black and white - sadly it costs too much to have colour within the book, the only colour photos will be on the front and back cover.

Thanks for your support - I can't express how grateful I am!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment