Sunday, April 28, 2013

Second half of copyediting has been sent off!

Things are progressing well!

With the second half of the book having been sent away yesterday for copy-editing, along with my dedication and acknowledgements, there are only two jobs left for me to do. I have to finish accepting or rejecting proposed changes from the first half of the copyediting, and finalise which photos I want with Chris White.

The copyediting has a turnaround time of three weeks and there may well be little to hold up the book from being published by June/July, except for the IRS (America's Internal Revenue Service). As CreateSpace is an American company and royalties will be paid from that country, I have to jump through several hoops in order to get an ITIN (individual tax identification number) and then another piece of documentation relating to the withholding tax agreement that New Zealand has with the States. 

I submitted the paper work to the IRS for an ITIN three weeks ago and I'm waiting to for that to be granted. However, that takes up to two months. Then I have to begin work on the second part of the process. Hopefully it all goes through smoothly and quickly as Blue Creek Bride can't be published without this paperwork being completed.

Well, that's all for now. I'll let you know when more milestones are reached. Thanks for making it all possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment